How can I prevent users from running portable applications on my network? I work at a school and students are bringing games in on their thumb drives to play during class. Is there a way to disable executables from the thumb drive? What if they copied the files to the local disk? :S Thank you very much for any help you can give.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Cant really shed much light on apple, but if it were windows based you could just use limited accounts on the workstations, does apple stuff have similar accounts with limited rights?? if not maybe a firewall program?? sorry I'm not being much help but they would be the logical avenues to search up.

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. The student workstations are all running Windows XP SP3.

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. The student workstations are all running Windows XP SP3.

OH! simply marvelous, have a look at this:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457006.aspx Big brother is watching YOU! he he he

Hope it helps. You can use gpedit to set account restrictions in pro as well ('restriction policy settings')

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.