Hi everyone, I am new here and am in need of help. I have a laptop vostro 1500 and have windows xp. I was on the computer one night, then I turned it on on the morning to find a nightmare. after I turned it on, it asked for my password, then it went black, then blue with a error message: Stop:c000021a {fatal system error} The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000) The System Has Been Shut Down.
I have tried to start it in safe mode, and last good known configuration, dosen't work.
I don't know what to do, but this thing has all my work information on it, and I don't have a back up.
Can someone please help?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi,
You will have to boot your PC from the win XP installation disk and do a system repair. If you don't know how, just google it and you will find full instructions.

The update KB925902 is known to cause this problem.
If it has recently been installed - remove it.
Reboot and see if problem remains.
If the BSOD has gone and you want the update -try reinstalling the
update in Safe Mode.

The update KB925902 is known to cause this problem.
If it has recently been installed - remove it.
Reboot and see if problem remains.
If the BSOD has gone and you want the update -try reinstalling the
update in Safe Mode.

Hi, don't mean to sound dumb but what is BSOD

Hi, don't mean to sound dumb but what is BSOD

bsod=Blue screen of DEATH

i had to scan my disk for bad sectors. The scan results gave me two files which were corrupt and corresponding hdd sectors were fixed by the scanner making the files essentially unreadable. One was a .sys and the other was a .dll. Backup of dll was present in dllcache folder and the backup of sys file was present in windows hotfix folders. This PC was running XP. Once i restored the corrupted files, i was able to use windows xp :)

This is a problem of your RAM it useally happen when the RAM got so heated or the RAM is going to be finished in few days.

<snip>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.