Ok here's my problem, after starting my computer and and typed in my password to my account... well it would say " loading your personal settings..." and won't load. The log in probelm just started yesterday. Oh and however, if i try logging in a couple of times ( manually shut computer, restart, and input my password) sometimes it would actually load.

I am using adawareSe, kaspersky antivirus ( not sure if i spelled it correctly), and zone alarm pro for the firewall. I suspect there's something broken in the tower :( hopefully you guys can prove me wrong.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Ok here's my problem, after starting my computer and and typed in my password to my account... well it would say " loading your personal settings..." and won't load. The log in probelm just started yesterday. Oh and however, if i try logging in a couple of times ( manually shut computer, restart, and input my password) sometimes it would actually load.

I am using adawareSe, kaspersky antivirus ( not sure if i spelled it correctly), and zone alarm pro for the firewall. I suspect there's something broken in the tower :( hopefully you guys can prove me wrong.

First thing I would do is try starting the computer in safe mode. This fixes a huge amount of problems and it is an easy fix.

If you don't know how to enter safe mode, here you go. When you start up the computer, start tapping the F8 key. A screen will come up and ask you which way you want to start up the computer. You go to the top of the screen and pick "safe mode". Might have to hit enter on the next screen that comes up and you should be at a logon screen. Log on and let it load up. Then you can shutdown and restart. See if you can load up and log in like normal.

hmm how will safe mode affect the computer? Will it stop some program functions? If it just hides the problem, maybe I should just wipe the computer just to be safe.

hmm how will safe mode affect the computer? Will it stop some program functions? If it just hides the problem, maybe I should just wipe the computer just to be safe.

You can always wipe it out and start over, but why not try a couple easy fixes first? Booting to safe mode just takes care of some problems sometimes. Don't know why, it just does. :)

You can also go to the start menu, run command, type cmd

then type chkdsk c: /F /R /X

then it will run when you restart your computer.

All that is doing is checking the hard disk for errors and such. You can run it in windows itself, but I've just always done it that way at the command line and had pretty good luck with it.

After that, you can try defragmenting. If you need to know how to do that, just let me know.

Like I said... might as well try a few easy fixes before you go and spend a few hours reinstalling everything.

Hello,

I am experiencing the same EXACT problem that you posted. Were you able to come up with a resolution. If so, would you like to share the solution.

Thank you in advance
John

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.