i ran scandisk on my 2nd drive (raw) which i didnt know u couldnt run scandisk on the raw drive.. now that windows reboots/boots up it comes up with the checking e drive for errors, cant check its a raw drive.. how can i get rid of that screen, i dont really scare if i can scandisk the drive, i just want that checking, from the boot up....

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

my op is win Xp sp2 pro,, i ran scan disk on a raw drive, windows cant do it, so every time i reboot, it displays that message, how do i get rid of it from the reboot...

It would really help to know why the second drive is raw to begin with. Was it ever formatted?

yeah, the 2nd drive was formated from an old os, i threw onto my comp for the extra space, not running am os on it, just space.. i just want to remove the checking scandisk thing from the boot up...

...Then it's not really "raw". Do you have any data on it right now?

Try running CHKDSK from within Windows, perhaps using the Command Prompt. Let it finish running, and see what happens.

If you don't have any data on it, you might just be able to reformat the drive...

yeah it has data on it,, but i can easily take it off, and put it onto my original drive,, no i tried running the scandisk within windows, but i get the same error, as i do if it boots up.

Yeah... try removing the data and then reformatting the drive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.