MrDavo 0 Newbie Poster

Hi All,

I am currently using Windows Vista ultimate as my primary (host) operating system. Due to a need to use legacy software I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 as a guest operating system (by way of VMware Workstation 6 software).

I have succesfully installed IIS into XP, and it is running however I am unable to view web pages that I am working on because localhost is not working as I would normally expect.

My host OS (Vista) is configured with a static IP address of 192.168.170.77

I have set the guest OS (XP) to use NAT, for network connectivity, under VMware Workstation.

Once the guest OS boots I issue an IPCONFIG command and see the following:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix: localdomain
IP Address: 192.168.127.128
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.127.2

I am able to issue a ping command to the localhost loop back IP address of 127.0.0.1 and receive replies.

However whenever I use localhost (or 127.0.0.1) in a web browsers address bar I cannot see my pages.

If anybody can offer suggestions on configuring IIS on my guest OS so that localhost will work in a browser, as normal, they will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Davo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.