when i turn on my computer just before the windows xp starts up a black screens appears and nothing happens. i tried repairing it using the windows cd.....nothing happened. i loaded my best performance thingy (someone said that might help, don't really know)...didn't work. then i re-installed xp twice and the same thing occurs, what do i do now?
oh and these problems started when i had re-installed xp. when i got my computer it was xp....we installed pro later but decided we wanted pro on laptop so when i re-installed xp problems occured (restarted multiple times when i was login in an account).

any help will be appreciated
Nelson

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

To begin with, please give us the make and model of the computer.

Try reformating with a boot disk and installing xp again. You can do a google search for boot disks.

Yeah. Reformat the hard drive and then install XP.

when i turn on my computer just before the windows xp starts up a black screens appears and nothing happens. i tried repairing it using the windows cd.....nothing happened. i loaded my best performance thingy (someone said that might help, don't really know)...didn't work. then i re-installed xp twice and the same thing occurs, what do i do now?
oh and these problems started when i had re-installed xp. when i got my computer it was xp....we installed pro later but decided we wanted pro on laptop so when i re-installed xp problems occured (restarted multiple times when i was login in an account).

any help will be appreciated
Nelson

You havn't upgraded your Windows XP recently have you?
I know some people who had a hard time getting the Windows software run normally after upgrading it, from like windows OS.

thank you guys and girls for ypur responses but apparently my hard drive was damaged:sad:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.