hi,
i'm new here but found a lot of information about everything.
anyway, my problem is that i have a vintage PC on which the hard drive crashed.

i bought a new drive (IDE) and tried to install XP but my PC can't see the CD drive and the hard drive after boot (it is seen though by the BIOS, but there is no option to boot from CD ROM).

i tried to make a floppy drive start up disk but it seems it is also broken (or the disks are).

is there any way to make the disk drive or CD drive visible to the PC without using the floppy disk?

thanks in advance.

hi,
i'm new here but found a lot of information about everything.
anyway, my problem is that i have a vintage PC on which the hard drive crashed.

i bought a new drive (IDE) and tried to install XP but my PC can't see the CD drive and the hard drive after boot (it is seen though by the BIOS, but there is no option to boot from CD ROM).

i tried to make a floppy drive start up disk but it seems it is also broken (or the disks are).

is there any way to make the disk drive or CD drive visible to the PC without using the floppy disk?

thanks in advance.

hi all, i fixed my problem. i adjusted the bios set up to make the CD rom as the primary drive.

my PC set up is:
AMD Athlon 2.0ghz
2GB DDR ram
Asus A7V8X motherboard

unfortunately, my other PC would not boot. I used the other PC to install files.
anyway, i'll post another thread about that.

thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.