If I have no text highlighted and right click on the mouse the normal menu comes up but with cut and copy greyed out. If I highlight part of the text and right click the mouse the menu shows Move here, Copy Here. link here (greyed out) and cancel. I cannot find how to change it.

It I reinstall Office 2003 that fixes it temporarily but eventually the problem arises again

Recommended Answers

if you're not on ms office 2003,let's say you right click on an empty space on a desktop, does the option that pops up correct or not?

Jump to Post

have you tried to install service pack for office 2003?

check out this link, download and install office 2003 service pack, but not so sure if it will help you...just try..

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=E25B7049-3E13-433B-B9D2-5E3C1132F206&displaylang=en

Jump to Post

All 8 Replies

if you're not on ms office 2003,let's say you right click on an empty space on a desktop, does the option that pops up correct or not?

The right click menu appears normal.

It shows arrange icons by
Refresh
Paste - greyed out
Paste shortcut greyed out
Undo delete
New
Properties

To my recollection these are ok.

Thanks for the suggestion but my computer tells me I have all the updates.

it's not an update for the windows, it's the update for Office 2003

it's not an update for the windows, it's the update for Office 2003

I tried to download the Office 2003 update from the link you suggested but when I tried to install it the computer told me all updates had already been downloaded and installed.

my dear u can use the menu bar better for u and its contain all the commands u wants without use rigth click ..maybe take long time

my dear u can use the menu bar better for u and its contain all the commands u wants without use rigth click ..maybe take long time

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, learning, and sharing knowledge.