I have no idea about scsi cards -
I have a 2000S Ultra scsi raid Controller card (I found it in some trash) and need as much info as you can muster.
Device Manager accepts it and it works. There is a Cylon like red light that scans back and forth on the top of the card. Why?
there appears to be a ram stick connected. Why?
What is it? What does it do?
Tell me please everything you can ...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It has a 32mb sdram 100mhz inserted. And it look like the 320.

What sort of external device can be attached?

Hey, I visited that site, thanks for the link and wow, so expensive. I got mine for free and I think I've got some more in my junk box. I collect old computers and parts then try to stick them all together without knowing what they do or what they are for. I know a lot about computers and have done a few years worth of courses in PC building but I never did understand the Raid controller thingy. Never thought I'd ever use it.

It has a 32mb sdram 100mhz inserted. And it look like the 320.

What sort of external device can be attached?

Hey, I visited that site, thanks for the link and wow, so expensive. I got mine for free and I think I've got some more in my junk box. I collect old computers and parts then try to stick them all together without knowing what they do or what they are for. I know a lot about computers and have done a few years worth of courses in PC building but I never did understand the Raid controller thingy. Never thought I'd ever use it.

the external connection is for any scsi device ,like printers and external harddrives ect ect /i only use the internal connections,i have 2 drifferent ones and 3 different scsi harddrives , once i install the card in my winxp computer , then did a dual boot with win 2000 installed on a 18gig 10,000 rpm [sounded like an airplane and ran really hot and fast !]scsi drive ,with 3 x6 gig partitions ,with 2000 on one ,programs on one and the swap file on the third one

Caperjack - The cylon eye is a signal detector on the card, I suppose. I have a digital cable that connects to it. I have a digital-to-scsi adapter attached to a connector on the cable I've got a 2gb Apple drive attached to the scsi adapter.

I've turned on the computer and it wants me to setup a Raid Configuration..hmmm.. Now what? I just Quit the Raid Utitlity. and the computer is at desktop. I've check for existence of the drive and voila...it's there and actually has some old files from 8 years ago.

I've dug up some others that might interest you (or not).
ABP-2935 Advansys PCI card that only needs the scsi cable to scsi drive. The external port on this card seems to be a digital port.

AVA-2906 PCI card that only needs the scsi cable to scsi drive. The external port on this card seems to be a printer port.

BUZ-BS000BWR PCI card that only needs the scsi cable to scsi drive. The external port on this card seems to be a digital port and a vga port. Manufacture date - 13/02/98
Problem solved.
Thanks for your help

not sure how much help i have been ,what i know about scsi you could hold in your hand ,i used google a way back when i did the other stuff, and i also tried to do a raid configuration with the 2x 36 gig drives i[2 different makes and one is seagate 15000rpm and one is Fujitsu 10000 rpm] have but could not figure out the jumper pin configuration to use! was reading it from a couple of google search results sites !

You inspired me to figure it out.

You inspired me to figure it out.

lol, wish i could figure mine out ,[or take the time to ]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.