hi! All
I have the problem with Watson postmortem and windows explorer problem. Nearly for every 10 or 20 min it displaying the message "Windows has encountered a problem and need to close", and then Dr Watson postmortem problem error, and then hangs up the system. I am wondering what is wrong with this. I am sure my laptop is virus free, cause me not connected with internet and no other external connections to my laptop. Can anyone tell me what to do.
Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try this. It has worked wonders for me

To disable Dr. Watson
Click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
NOTE: Steps three and four are optional, but they necessary if you want to restore the default use of Dr. Watson.
Click the AeDebug key, and then click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.
Enter a name and location for the saved registry file, and then click Save.
Delete the AeDebug key.
Registry entries for debugger programs are located in the AeDebug key in Windows. The Dr. Watson program is installed by default in Windows, and is configured to run when an application error occurs (with a data value of 1 for the Auto value). The default values are:
Value Name = Auto
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = 1 or 0. (Default is 1)

Value Name = Debugger
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g

Try this. It has worked wonders for me

To disable Dr. Watson
Click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
NOTE: Steps three and four are optional, but they necessary if you want to restore the default use of Dr. Watson.
Click the AeDebug key, and then click Export Registry File on the Registry menu.
Enter a name and location for the saved registry file, and then click Save.
Delete the AeDebug key.
Registry entries for debugger programs are located in the AeDebug key in Windows. The Dr. Watson program is installed by default in Windows, and is configured to run when an application error occurs (with a data value of 1 for the Auto value). The default values are:
Value Name = Auto
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = 1 or 0. (Default is 1)

Value Name = Debugger
Type = String (REG_SZ)
Data Value = drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g

thank you its working

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.