Hi,

I have Windows Vista Home edition.

I reinstalled Windows some days back & took back up of my data. After reinstalling Windows when I try to Back up, its giving me the following Error

------------
RESTORE DID NOT COMPLETE SUCESSFULLY

Restore did not finish successfully. Error Code:

The backup files could not be found. Check your hardware
Configuration or restore from a different backup. (0x8100001A)

--------------------

However I am able to see my folder & files when I browse to select the folders / files for restore.

Plz assist. Is there any other tool which works similar ?

Error Message When You Use The Restore Files Option To Restore A Backup File On A Windows

Symptoms
o When you use the Restore Files option to restore a backup file on a Windows Vista-based computer, you may receive the following error message:
The restore did not finish successfully. Error code: The backup file could not be found. Check your hardware configuration or restore from a different backup (0x8100001A).
Cause
o This problem may occur because the Mediaid.bin file is missing.
o The Mediaid.bin file may be missing if you moved the backup directory to another location.
Solution
o If the backup directory is on a different drive or on a different file share, and the original backup location is still available, follow these steps to resolve the problem:
+ Locate the root directory of the drive or the file share where the backup was originally stored.
+ Copy the Mediaid.bin file.
+ Locate the root directory of the location where the backup is currently stored.
+ Paste the Mediaid.bin file.
+ For example, if the original backup location is drive D, and the backup was moved to drive E, copy the Mediaid.bin file that is located in the root directory of drive D to the root directory of drive E.
+ Try to restore another backup file.
o If the backup location is inaccessible, or if the Mediaid.bin file is corrupted, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) for help rebuilding the Mediaid.bin file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.