I have XP Home edition and recently installed all three service packs. On the top page bar and within various dialog boxes I'll have other-colored pixels displayed where they should not be. Any fix to this??
I think you installed the wrong drivers...
But did you also installed all the drivers for the mainboard like the chipset and so on?
1. check the drivers/videocard software, update to the latest.
2. if this problem still exist, even in safe mode then
there might be a problem with the videocard OR maybe with
the RAM memory, but in your situation i think its just a driverproblem.
3. for the video card : Overheating is a common cause so you should
check that any fan on your video card is rotating..
4. for the RAM memory, remove it one by one and check it. use a memory diagnostics program...
5. or try yo update the BIOS.
(6. if you made that screen snapshot wih a camera, try to
swap the monitors and see if this problem still exist)