Hello... so today, I used the "Save As PDF" feature in Word 2007, like I always do. So, I tried to open the file, and it won't open. I tried saving a different file as PDF, and it worked. I tried saving the problem file under a different name, and it still froze. It seems that this file is the only file that won't open with Adobe Reader 9.1. Also, I took the file and tried to open it on another computer and it opened up just fine. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hmm.. It's oddly. You try reinstall the Microsoft Office... but you try use OpenOffice. The OpenOffice is also good and is freeware. I'm using OpenOffice and I haven't a problem :)

Open the problematic word document, highlight everything (or ctrl + A) create a new word document, paste (ctrl + V), save it, then try to convert this new document.

This same problem has happened to me before and this was the solution I found worked. Hope it works for you too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.