When I right-click on any page the menu shows among the usual tools, "coupons"
When I click on coupons a small popup appears giving me options to sellect. "about, home page,& enable/disable"
When I click on any option then the popup appears to show a piece of what would be an unfound page(as if the server was down or the wrong URL address used). I close the popup.
I suspect this is residue from a program I found hidden on the computer. A spyware called "Express Find". It took a lot of work to rid this parasite but is "coupons" part of this?
Does anyone else have "coupons" in the right-click menu?? :confused:

Update:
Does anyone know how to clean an MIE installation or if a reinstallation is required will it undo any windows update that I already have? Can I clean it in the registry?

nope.... however, someone just had that problem earlier. Open your Registry (Start, Run, type in regedit and press enter), and then click on Edit, Find, and search for "coupons" without the quotes. See if anything comes up. If you see whats causing that to show up in IE, delete it.... however, first post the name of the string, the folder, and any other info u find before deleting it as this may cause problems for you if you delete the wrong thing.

MGM out

Thanks MGM. I tried that and still no luck. I can live with it but it's annoying XP no longer allows the repair module or even the add/remove for MIE.

u didnt find anything dealing with "Coupons" in the registry???

MGM out

u didnt find anything dealing with "Coupons" in the registry???

MGM out

Yes I did and deleated it but Ad-aware once again found the folder in my Programs menu. That was removed by Ad-aware but the right click still shows Coupons. I am going to the registry and trying again. I will keep you updated.

Update: Express-Find seems to be gone. Once again I removed the reference in the registry and everything is fine now. NO coupons.
What is sad is this spyware came from a software package I purchased. :evil:

Thanks
Barney

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.