i have a computer now that will not play a dvd in wmc 10, but they will play in power dvd. i get a windows media player has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience....this even comes up in the menu tools->options-> and when i click advanced it errors and closes.

The error signature is
appName wmplayer.exe
apVer 10.0.3802
ModName: claud_trial.ax
ModVer: 5.0.0.1117 Offset: 000065f2

i dont know if thats useful but im at a loss right now any help would be awesome :)

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

sorry i forgot to say tools->options->DVD and when i click advanced it errors and closes.

*bump* any one have an idea?

Do you have any codecs for playing dvds?

i have what ever came with my compter...its a sony viao rz-32g. I've installed the latest cyberlink powerdvd software and i have divx and all of its codec packages for windows. DVD's will play in any software, powerdvd, windvd etc but just nothing works in wmp10...im stumped

Then most likely, you do not have any codecs to play the DVD's

*scratches my head*

I know of codec packs that should work but I am not aware of its legality so I will post a link to it as long as Dani allows it

In wmp 10 go to tools/plugins ,/download plugins and it will take you to a microsoft site and it has dvd decoder plugin there might help .

i went and downloaded the nvidia dvd decoder package and i get no errors! however it acts like its playing but nothing is showing up on the screen and no sound is coming out. the decoder package is the newest one nvidia has on their website (v1.00.67).

i guess im just going to give up on this one...i tried every dvd codec software on the windows media player site with no avail. But im kindof glad because after returning the rest im happy with windvd because it has a better picture quality and the sound is amazing compared to any other codec for wmp10. Its just one of those things that gets irrating...thanks for all the help on this one though :lol:

I was doing a fresh install of xp pro sp2 on a computer yesterday it has a dvd player ,wmp didin't play dvds until i installed ,cyber links power dvd software that came with the dvd player .

I was doing a fresh install of xp pro sp2 on a computer yesterday it has a dvd player ,wmp didin't play dvds until i installed ,cyber links power dvd software that came with the dvd player .

yeah thats what mine came with also, and i tried that and it didnt work, i tried the new verson and it didnt work. :sad: i really like windvd now though, the sound output is really really good on my 5.1 :)

yeah thats what mine came with also, and i tried that and it didnt work, i tried the new verson and it didnt work. :sad: i really like windvd now though, the sound output is really really good on my 5.1 :)

I had the very same problem. Until I did a search using limewire (P2P program) and found a program called Windows dvd decoder. Once I installed this program, I was able to play every single DVD i have. if anyone needs a copy of the program, send me an email and i'll gladly forward the little program

I had the very same problem. Until I did a search using limewire (P2P program) and found a program called Windows dvd decoder. Once I installed this program, I was able to play every single DVD i have. if anyone needs a copy of the program, send me an email and i'll gladly forward the little program

thanks ill look for it

Nizzy

How do I get that program

Regards

I dont know how to get that program. I never looked.

For your codec needs, you can try K-Lite Codec Pack. I've been usong it and trust me, it's got all the codecs you'll commonly need (DivX, AC3, Xvid etc).

As for your problem, nizzy. Did you try uninstalling WMP10 and then reinstalling it again? This helps at times.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.