Hello everybody!

I am running Win98se on my system and the latest Yahoo Messenger from Yahoo.
It is running fine but when I try to voice chat I am getting the error message
"No suitable wave format available". The reasons listed are:

1.Other applications are open
2. No sound card installed
3. The sound card drivers may be currupted
4. The sound card does not support any suitable wave format

However none of the reasons are correct for my problem. No other sound applications are open. The sound is is there and I have installed the drivers a number of times. The last reason also cannot be true as it was working perfectly alright last month. I don't think I have done anything to deactive voice chat. I have not installed any new software or done anything of the sort The help given on the Yahoo Messenger website is very inadequate to solve the probem.

Does someone have a solution to my problem?

rational611

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It is about greed. The airways are being corrupted by greedy bandwidth holders. Pay for your bandwidth and you will have smooth running. I got 1.5 down but only 11up and i got problems with Skype. I can't hear on a skype to skype to switzerland nor can they hear me but only garbles and black outs. It is about bandwidth only. Pay for it.

i have a problem.when i want to do vice chat on yahoo massanger i can listen other but other not listen.please solve my problem

please install only the yahoo version 8.0 or something not the latest yahoo messenger... your operating system is too old for the latest version... try it hope it will work for you....

It is about greed. The airways are being corrupted by greedy bandwidth holders. Pay for your bandwidth and you will have smooth running. I got 1.5 down but only 11up and i got problems with Skype. I can't hear on a skype to skype to switzerland nor can they hear me but only garbles and black outs. It is about bandwidth only. Pay for it.

no john i dont think that it can be issue... im have the same speed ike 1.5 down and 11up and im not have realy such a problem... well i think you must reinstall the yahoo.. may be it can help in that wayu..

when i m in a yahoo chatroom i the voice chat option is disable and same thing with my friends also who r in my list,i cant contact with them by voice option.and another thing is i can download 11.5 messenger but i cant install it...cuz installation is not working

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.