hi,

i am using 2 systems. one is Windows 2003 server (server system) and Windows XP professionals (client). when i try to ping from server to client it is not pinging, but from client to server it is pinging. i have tried up to my knowledge to solve this problem.

kindly help me regarding this. Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

what is you ipconfig /all output for both machienes?

In addition to what barryt has asked for, can you try disabling the firewall on the xp machine for a short time to see it it will then connect properly?

Need help also. I use a windows vista home premium in my core-2duo laptop as a single user. when i open d folders, i find a lot of folder icons with a blue curved arrow, like My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, etc. When I double click on one of these files my notice is "Access is Denied". I can not access most of my files. How can I access all of them. Please help. Tnx.

Your problem is completely different from that of Rasgulla. You need to start a thread of your own.

In addition to what barryt has asked for, can you try disabling the firewall on the xp machine for a short time to see it it will then connect properly?

hi Rik from RCE,

i disabled the firewall in windows xp, even though it is not connecting

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.