Any help here would be fantastic!!!
I had to reinstall Windows XP on a new hard drive that I purchased, and unfortunately, I could not sit in front of the computer while it was installing, and when I went back at one point after it was setting up networks, the monitor was reading "No Signal Input". I have tried to reboot the computer with the installation disk in the drive, and without. I have tried f8 to get into safe mode, but it is not working.
Do I need to take out the hard drive, format it, and start over? Or is there a fix that I can do where it is at?
Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>>>Do I need to take out the hard drive, format it, and start over? Or is there a fix that I can do where it is at?<<<<
the hard drive is not initializing because windows cannot open the boot sector...if you have another computer you can put it in and format and run chkdsk on it to find out if the drive is going bad.

Are you saying there is no monitor signal under any circumstances?

i suggest to find the time when you can sit and watch ,and start over ,boot to winxp cd and delete partition and create new one ,format it , and start windows install over !but sit and watch as long as you can !!

Dear,

Plz check the power cable and video cable it will work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.