barryt 1 Junior Poster

I have recently posted a thread similar to what I am posting now, about no connectivity to any Microsoft sites, in the meantime things got even more complicated. I decided to redo the machine that did not want to connect to any Microsoft site just to verify a couple of things, here is what I did…I formatted the machine with a copy of my server 2003 CD and again I had no connection to any Microsoft website (all others worked) I then installed sp2 and still had no luck, I formatted the machine again and installed XP and had full connectivity, I then formatted again and installed server 2003 with the original CD and for the first time had limited connectivity to Microsoft sites. If a site was www.microsoft.com/ xxx then no problem , if the site was www.xxx.microsoft.com/xxx then i had no connectivity, I used ping to ping Microsoft.com but just got timed out , I then proceeded to trace route Microsoft just to get an 10.2.x.x IP at hop 19 ??? (Now I know you cannot get a 10.x.x.x IP but I did, I could even ping that address and get 1 out of 4 replies to it ??) I then proceeded to install sp2 and had no connectivity to Microsoft, obviously I thought that something was wrong with sp2 so I reformatted again installed again from original 2003 CD and had no connectivity, I thought that I might have made a mistake with the CD’s and reformatted again and installed again with the original CD but NO LUCK no Microsoft connectivity, I am not using wireless, its cable and the XP worked. My DNS settings and gateway settings remained the same as well as the static IP I gave throughout this exercise. There are no viruses on this machine and I even tried to set all internet settings to low. As soon as you hit Microsoft update or any other Microsoft site it just don’t want to connectWho can help me?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
barry