The window 7 has following features which will enhanced the knowledge of IT relevant business and persons who want to do lot of work in short span of time.

Increase the performance:

The window 7 will improve the performance over Vista as much we think open quickly. Startup is also quicker, it take 74 seconds to upgrade. In other words, Window 7 is more impressive when we talk about the performance of this new addition.

Interface:

The Desktop interface of window 7’s is more classified from the others. The glassy taskbar express your views instead of their names. The system tray has also option to hide some icons too. Window 7 will raise the system performance and it has many tweaks. The task bar of window is so small.

Answer of all questions:

In window 7 you are able to find the answer of all questions, which was in the possession of window Vista with the help of public beta.

Quality of Networking:

Window 7 have some improvements in networking fields that the existing windows had in the addition of homegroup which will share the devices and media on home network, it will also share the two or more window 7 PCs and the requirement of SMB network connection will also enhanced.

Easy Shutdown Menu:

Due to simple management, you can easily perform different security maintenance in single menu. It is easier for those who are new and medium type of users regarding security purpose it will save their work during failure of electricity and it will open their page which was open before closing.

Time Saving and Easy Up gradation of System:

In Vista we were not able to perform full up-gradation of PCs. It will take short time regarding installation of window 7 and will save the time of user and will activate within 40 to 45 minutes. The AVG antivirus will be continue during the up-gradation.

Quick Link:

It has special qualities when link to the other systems, which is easy to approach and will be more reliable and time saving.

Window IT Pro Master CD:

It will give the answer more fast through search tools and access to window IT Pro Master CD.

Please discuss more Windows 7 Features in this thread.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

As much as I'm currently dual booting btwn Vista and Win7, am curious as to whether this post is meant to provide advice or simply spam the boards??

As much as I'm currently dual booting btwn Vista and Win7, am curious as to whether this post is meant to provide advice or simply spam the boards??

Do you even know what spam is? Hint: not all useless posts are spam.

Do you even know what spam is? Hint: not all useless posts are spam.

Yes I do know that, but given that this post had the distinct appearance of one of those cut-and-paste gloss-overs (which Microsoft themselves are ever so famous for), I had to ask the question.

Personally I do like what I've seen thus far in Win7 (mind you I have made the move to x64, so is quite difficult to rate performance diff when was using Vista Ultimate x86 - the heaviest of the heavy). Hardware is handled surprisingly well - even my 7yo CanoScan runs perfectly. Also glad to see MS has seen the light and pulled back on the unsigned driver issue that frustrated the crap out of x64 Vista users.

Security - am a little disappointed that the default user-account is still Admin level. The general end-user would probably be best using a "Standard User" account, but how many general users are going to fiddle around with that?? Add to that the ease with which the user can dial down the UAC to almost useless, it seems security has yet again taken a bit of a back-seat. As to how it will hold up against the usual tide of malware, we won't really know that until retailed and becomes a bigger target.

Networking - a damned treat networking btwn Win7 machines, but haven't really had the chance to see how well it networks with other OS's... I imagine many of the new features (such as HomeGroup) won't make much of a difference on that front.

Windows Explorer. This one I'm not impressed with. Opens straight into your libraries, rather than an actual directory. When pinned to Start Menu or Task Bar, Jump Lists DO NOT include any custom added libraries, which is a major pain in the proverbial. I'm currently looking for hole in the Reg to manually modify.

I do bear in mind that some will find it too "showy" and will hunt down those sites to turn many of those features off (seeing s MS in their usual style hasn't made all that easy to do so). I guess it all comes down to the fact that no OS is perfect for everyone.

MS is starting to get the hint that people want to be able to configure things just the way they want... but they certainly aren't all the way there yet. A common "tweak" that's built into almost every Windows customisation utility (which started rolling out about 5mins after any new beta release get out) is the ability to remove those stupid short-cut arrow.... yet with all the glossy mods Windows builds in, this little feature never seems to make it in - go figure.

Dear Dani Web,
Thanks a lot for your tolerance,please give me a quick cash and
carry answer,how long would te take to upgrade from Vista
Ultimate to 7 Ultimate and how much.
Sincerely yours,
Arthur.

Still haven't seen confirmed upgrade prices for Ultimate - Ultimate. By the way, are you upgrading a retail or OEM Vista install?

As to how long. Completely depends on your system, but would recommend a clean install (can still be done using the Upgrade licence) as will avoid all the hassles of a Frankenstein build

So here’s the low-down on pricing for Windows 7. The estimated retail prices for upgrade packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:

* Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
* Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
* Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99

And the estimated retail prices for full packaged retail product of Windows 7 in the U.S. are:

* Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
* Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
* Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99

This means that Windows 7 Home Premium full retail product is $40.00 less than Windows Vista Home Premium today.

Source

Cheers for that... have been looking for confirmed prices. Although I'm sure prices will be quite different here in OZ

Long live my corporate MSDN subscription :D

Long live my corporate MSDN subscription :D

Hmph! I can get HP at dirt-cheap price via work, but Pro or Ultimate are out of own pocket.

Hmph! I can get HP at dirt-cheap price via work, but Pro or Ultimate are out of own pocket.

I thought you'd get Enterprise or Ultimate at work. Home Premium?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.