well, blue screen sucks..

i just dont know why sometimes when im starting to open my laptop, blue screen appears..for no reason... may be there is but i really dont know why or what is it. i've searched a lot of possible reasons for this and these are hardware drivers stuff, and for ending a process of a some application stuff and etc... and when some said that to find out the reason is to reboot the pc...

well, my laptop is windows vista, and rebooting it just so..ugh! i dont know what to do now... im now having a phobia on pc problems especially on this one...

i need you guys to advice me the simplest ways on how to know what was the reason for having BSOD on my laptop... 'coz i dont like to reboot my pc on this...

thanks guys.. i really appreciate on trying to help...

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What do you mean "starting to open"... you mean booting up your PC or opening the lid while its already on?

If it's the 1st option you could run the diagnostics portion of your windows disk to check hardware.
If it's the 2nd option it could be a number of things (conflicting drivers, windows updates conflict, faulty power setting or software, etc...)

i mean is whenever i open my laptop, after the loading stuff that is doing when you open the pc, after a while theres a blue screen... Well, the last time that it automatically startup repair was just last sunday, afterwards until now, theres no blue screen unlike before..

Your system's hardware config along with the details on that Blue screen would help us in diagnosing the issue.

Maybe is a problem with your version of Vista. Did you install this version on other PC?

Maybe is a problem with your version of Vista. Did you install this version on other PC?

Nonsense.

Anyway, if I've understood post #3 correctly, the problem's resolved.

Nonsense.

Anyway, if I've understood post #3 correctly, the problem's resolved.

Have to agree... utter tripe. If problem arising on "opening of laptop", is likely an issue relating to Vista crashing on waking from "Sleep" mode.... which is almost always a driver-related issue.

This regularly happens with hard ware . What is actually occuring if you are leaving your machine of for too long is that it is actually creating it to loose its durability and therefore causes leakage in the harddrive. Anywhere that you keep your computer on more than a month is not healthy for the hard drive. My best suggestion is try to do a reformat. The best way to prevent this is shut it down and doing a regular debug.

This regularly happens with hard ware . What is actually occuring if you are leaving your machine of for too long is that it is actually creating it to loose its durability and therefore causes leakage in the harddrive. Anywhere that you keep your computer on more than a month is not healthy for the hard drive. My best suggestion is try to do a reformat. The best way to prevent this is shut it down and doing a regular debug.

"Lose it's durability"? That does not make any sense... I have a number of machines which have been left on for months (running a personal web server) and have not had any kind of problems

And what exactly do you mean by "leakage in the hard drive"??????

At least am not the only one left scratching my head over this one. Have a gaming-class notebook-PC, which given the usual mediocre battery life, is almost never run off battery, and rarely switched off (why switch off if not either taking somewhere with me or not needed for update purposes??)

So just how is it bad for the hard-drive??

heh... leakage. Bit level leakage. lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.