Hi, I got a client who have 3 servers, running Windows 2003 server Standard R2.

In the last 3 days, one of them (TS= Terminal Server) has restarted by itself, with an event saying "Unexpected shutdown" and as always, there is not much in this event, not even a code to help me figure out why it reboot like that.

I recently upgraded that server (CPU, MB, RAM, Tower) I just keep the original SCSI card and hard drives.

The hard drives are configured as RAID 1.

I don't know where to start, if someone knows, how to fix this, please help.

Thx a lot.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

Is it up to date with patches?

You could try disabling automatic reboot. That way it will show you a BSOD with an error code which we could investigate further...

NOT A GOOD IDEA if the server is very important to your client as it will need to be manually rebooted - if it sits there for a day with a BSOD on it it is not much use.

Yes it is up to date, my client just did some Windows Updates and I think it's since then he is having this problem.

Well, yeah this server is very important, so I can't do that, except on week-ends.

Are you aware of any issues with some latest updates?

That wouldn't surprise me, with Microsoft, they always give you some bad updates sometimes!

Thx for you help

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.