Ive been having this problem with my ati display driver so my teacher recomended that I download another one which I did and a message showed up that said "Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current machine". Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have Windows Xp if that helps.

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Ive been having this problem with my ati display driver so my teacher recomended that I download another one which I did and a message showed up that said "Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current machine". Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have Windows Xp if that helps.

its either the wrong one or its a zip file maybe, and needs to be unziped first before the wizzard will recognize it as a driver file .

its either the wrong one or its a zip file maybe, and needs to be unziped first before the wizzard will recognize it as a driver file .

So I should download, then save and run it as winzip?

So I should download, then save and run it as winzip?

no,you should download and if its a zip file you should unzip it ,,im not saying it is a zip file im saying/asking if it is a zip file !!!

no,you should download and if its a zip file you should unzip it ,,im not saying it is a zip file im saying/asking if it is a zip file !!!

Oh, well its not, I start to install and says it cant.

Oh, well its not, I start to install and says it cant.

if you right click on mycomputer /properties /display adapter /hit the + then right click and go to properties .reinstall drivers and direct it to the folder where the drivers are downloaded to .
If you want put a link here to where you are downloading the drivers from and i will have a look

When I do it it says "Windows could not load the installer for display. Contact your hardware vendor for assitance" if I do what you wrote.

When I do it it says "Windows could not load the installer for display. Contact your hardware vendor for assitance" if I do what you wrote.

in my opinon based on what you are saying ,you are downloading the wrong drivers for your video card

What do you suggest I download? Do you need any info to tell me?

What do you suggest I download? Do you need any info to tell me?

well what i usually do it remove the card and get the #s' off the chips on the card if now model name exist.
You could use this PROGRAM to get the display adapter info ,download to a folder of its own and click on the icon unpack into the folder then click on the exe file to run the program ,when you run the program go to the 3rd icon to the left of where is says Processor #1 and get the VGA model and number info

So it says I have a ATI Rage 128 Family, now would I look up updates for that?

So it says I have a ATI Rage 128 Family, now would I look up updates for that?

thats a start, i though it might give a little more info than that , serach the ATI site.

I just noticed you are using winxp ,try this, Right click mycomputer/properties /hardware/device manger /display devices and unistall whats there ,reboot computer and let winxp reinstall the drivers /.

Display device is the same as display adapters right, and someone told me if I did that my screen would be messed up or something like that.

Display device is the same as display adapters right, and someone told me if I did that my screen would be messed up or something like that.

check you PM for reply

ok ,on this site click on the first one in the list XP drivers and software then ,RAGE , rage 128/ 128 pro get this one
Windows XP Display Driver build 6.13.3279

ati

Ok so I downloaded the right one and now once I go through the install wizard, it says the system file is not suitable for running MS_DOX and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Im also going on spring break vacation so I wont be back untill next sunday.

have a good spring brake ,see you when you get back .not sure what to tell you about the error message .

Ok so Im back and I have the driver on my desktop but it still wont let me run it.

On the ATI website, somewhere I have seen "ATI driver removal tool", will pull ALL the ATI file from your registry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.