Hi folks - I have an odd sort of problem that I don't think has been addressed here: I can't stop the popup blocker in IE6. I'm running winXP pro, up to date, and IE6.0. I had the Google toolbar installed and started having trouble with too many popups being blocked whether I was trying to allow them or not. I de-installed the Google toolbar and rebooted but the status bar in IE is still showing that pages are being blocked. I can't find any control for popups under IE6 tools menu. It seems I have this rogue blocker doing a great job blocking just about everything.

Ideas?

Thanks - Mark

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi folks - I have an odd sort of problem that I don't think has been addressed here: I can't stop the popup blocker in IE6. I'm running winXP pro, up to date, and IE6.0. I had the Google toolbar installed and started having trouble with too many popups being blocked whether I was trying to allow them or not. I de-installed the Google toolbar and rebooted but the status bar in IE is still showing that pages are being blocked. I can't find any control for popups under IE6 tools menu. It seems I have this rogue blocker doing a great job blocking just about everything.

Ideas?

Thanks - Mark

if you are using the XP SP2 popup blocker the next time the yellow bar comes up telling you its blocking a popup ,right click on the yellow bar and you will find options to go to change the way it handles popups ,also the ALT or is it the Ctrl key anyway one or the other ,will allow a popup you know is comming and you want it to come up .

Thanks for your reply Caperjack - WinXP Pro doesn't have exactly the same features as XP Home-Edition. The XP Home Edition (if I remember correctly) has the ability to manage popups in the "Tools" menu - XP Pro doesn't seem to have anything to manage these with.

I can't see anything running in the task manager

Maybe it's time to make the jump to Mozilla

Thanks for your reply Caperjack - WinXP Pro doesn't have exactly the same features as XP Home-Edition. The XP Home Edition (if I remember correctly) has the ability to manage popups in the "Tools" menu - XP Pro doesn't seem to have anything to manage these with.

I can't see anything running in the task manager

Maybe it's time to make the jump to Mozilla

Hi ,I have 2 computers here and one is home one is pro ,and they both have popup control in tools .they are both using IE sp2

A switch to Firefox is way over due ! I like it , I Like it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.