do you know if you have to activeate xp pro or is there a way around the activation of it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you must activiate XP pro, and if you didnt buy a real copy, id sugggest going else where for support :)

Mod Edit: we do not support piracy

i am not trying to pirate anything i just didnt know if there was a way to not activate it because i have several computers i would like to run it on but because microsoft only givves you a certain amount of times you can load it i cannot put it on all my computers. it would be extremly expensive to buy like 6 copies of xp pro.

i am not trying to pirate anything i just didnt know if there was a way to not activate it because i have several computers i would like to run it on but because microsoft only givves you a certain amount of times you can load it i cannot put it on all my computers. it would be extremly expensive to buy like 6 copies of xp pro.

This is why Microsoft implemented the activation scheme in the first place. It's to invalidate any kind of piracy. There are ways around it, but for the most part it works pretty damn good.

If it's keeping you from buying one media and an installation key to install on six different systems, I'd say Microsoft did a fine job of doing what they did.

Don't ask about it again, you won't get an answer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.