Sorry if i am asking a question that might be already treated on this forum. Here is the situation:
I have an workgroup about 5-6 computers (Win XP Pro) and one printer. All the computers are conected to a network that has internet access. The printer is an HP MFC with usb conection. I have an old computer that i want to use as print server. I want to add this computer to the workgroup and share this printer, but i want to allow only workgroup users to print to this share printer. On the old computer is installed windows xp professional. Please guide me to this setup.

Sorry if i am asking a question that might be already treated on this forum. Here is the situation:
I have an workgroup about 5-6 computers (Win XP Pro) and one printer. All the computers are conected to a network that has internet access. The printer is an HP MFC with usb conection. I have an old computer that i want to use as print server. I want to add this computer to the workgroup and share this printer, but i want to allow only workgroup users to print to this share printer. On the old computer is installed windows xp professional. Please guide me to this setup.

FIRSTLY install printer driver in anyone computer in this and after installing share the printer this step-start-printer and faxes click-right click on printer name ,tab share this step configure only one computer in which you have install driver

client side- go to printer and faxes, and 'add printer' choice network printer and give printer name (such as-hp 2120 series) next-finish
this step configure you in every computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.