Using Outlook Express on a Dell B130 laptop with Avast anti-spyware, Malwarebytes anti-malware with Windows XP, fully updated as of yesterday. I have an odd problem. I can type up an email in Outlook, and then when I go to hit send, the cursor starts flashing in between the cursor itself and the hour glass, essentially freezing outlook. Is outlook corrupted? I can't seem to find anyone else who has ever even asked about such an issue. Please help.

Thanks,
Em

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

ETA: Outlook Express 6

Using Outlook Express on a Dell B130 laptop with Avast anti-spyware, Malwarebytes anti-malware with Windows XP, fully updated as of yesterday. I have an odd problem. I can type up an email in Outlook, and then when I go to hit send, the cursor starts flashing in between the cursor itself and the hour glass, essentially freezing outlook. Is outlook corrupted? I can't seem to find anyone else who has ever even asked about such an issue. Please help.

Thanks,
Em

AS I posted earlier in the day yesterday, my Outlook 2007 wouldn't start as a result of the "yesterday" updates.

Try going back to a restore Point earlier than your usual update time,

I just did that...Thanks it worked!

Em

At last - someone else who can confirm that the Tuesday Windows updates were sh*te for Outlook users (some at least).

Anyway, please mark this thread as SOLVED.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.