So I just reformatted my PC(windows XP pro SP3), and I can't seem to get internet access on it. Everything is plugged in and running fine, and I'm getting a connection to a laptop right next to it(where I'm posting this from)

Anyone know whats wrong or what I can do to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

are all device drivers loaded and the right ones, next remove sp3. sp3 has caused me many problems with connection issues in both hardwired and wifi.

You might need to install some 3rd party software/drivers for modem or some custom-made protocol (ppp over ethernet protocol maybe?) that is usually included on modem CD or ISP CD that came with modem.

how would I go about uninstalling sp3 when I formatted using a disk with slipstreamed sp3 on it?

how would I go about uninstalling sp3 when I formatted using a disk with slipstreamed sp3 on it?

don't bother removing it anyway ,nothing wrong with sp3 ,especially on a fresh install, did you install drivers for you network device ,check in device manager to see if it shows a red or yellow ! ,right click on mycomputer go properties/hardware /device manager

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.