So I just reformatted my PC(windows XP pro SP3), and I can't seem to get internet access on it. Everything is plugged in and running fine, and I'm getting a connection to a laptop right next to it(where I'm posting this from)

Anyone know whats wrong or what I can do to fix this?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

are all device drivers loaded and the right ones, next remove sp3. sp3 has caused me many problems with connection issues in both hardwired and wifi.

You might need to install some 3rd party software/drivers for modem or some custom-made protocol (ppp over ethernet protocol maybe?) that is usually included on modem CD or ISP CD that came with modem.

how would I go about uninstalling sp3 when I formatted using a disk with slipstreamed sp3 on it?

how would I go about uninstalling sp3 when I formatted using a disk with slipstreamed sp3 on it?

don't bother removing it anyway ,nothing wrong with sp3 ,especially on a fresh install, did you install drivers for you network device ,check in device manager to see if it shows a red or yellow ! ,right click on mycomputer go properties/hardware /device manager

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.