John A 1,896 Vampirical Lurker Team Colleague

Reports that the Redmond giant has "dangerous security flaw with its animated cursors" are floating around. Sounds interesting, so you read it. It talks about how vulnerable everyone is to it, how long Microsoft has ignored the bug, but they don't go much farther than that.

I may be missing something, and if so, please let me know. But from what I can see, the only thing that happens is your white arrow is replaced by an animated cursor. Um...? Aside from the fact that you'd have to have a pretty low IQ to download a trojan horse that claims it's Internet Explorer 7, I really don't know how a "vulnerability" like that can be considered a bug, even if it is a little annoying.

Face it: there are tons of viruses which can do tons of damage to your system. So why is everyone up-in-the-arms about something which is probably just as hard to download as any other virus, and does far less damage?

I can only hope that the reports, not the hack, is an April Fool's joke. Personally I would laugh if I saw anyone who was dumb enough to pick it up onto their computer.