I listen to a lot of music samples on Amazon.com and it always works ... until today. When clickin on ' listen to samples " it trys to load the samples for a long time then prompts me that I need to upgrade my Flash Player to version 8 or higher. Prooblem is that I do have Flash Player 10 already installed. Anyone have any opinions as to what the problem could be?

Thanks;

Dougie

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I listen to a lot of music samples on Amazon.com and it always works ... until today. When clickin on ' listen to samples " it trys to load the samples for a long time then prompts me that I need to upgrade my Flash Player to version 8 or higher. Prooblem is that I do have Flash Player 10 already installed. Anyone have any opinions as to what the problem could be?

Thanks;

Dougie

Generally I found that the solution to problems with sound in browsers and applications involves a quick reboot. I had this problem with Alsa before, and the move to Pulse Audio still didn't remove it.

That was the first thing I did, but to no avail :( I talked to a person today who was having the same problem so that kind of eliminates the issue being with my computer. I'm in Canada and the problem is jut with the American site amazon.com. I thought maybe it would have cleared itself up by today, but NO.

Well whatever the problem was it's cleared up now :) It wasnt working for approx 4 - 5 days but today I tried it again and it was working normally, their player and samples load and play ok.

Dougie

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.