Hi, umm, I was searching for help on this problem I have with my browsers, and I found an article on here, right?
But
1. The thread didn't really help me all that much and
2. I didn't want to intrude on someone else's problem.

Here's the problem I have. I have problems loading some of my pages. I get errors like Server Not Loaded, or Oops! This Link Appears To Be Broken (along with DNS error - cannot find server) in Mozilla Firefox. When I try in Internet Explorer, the error message I get is "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Thing is, after I refresh about 20 times, the page manages to load, though sometimes not very well. Sometimes the images fail to load, or it comes out, all messed up. I dont know how to explain it.

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, and I am also using a Wireless Connection. I have tried flushing the DNS, clearing cache, clearing cookies, restarting so many times. I've tinkered with the Modem, and the Wireless box thing. I'm not all that computer illiterate by the way, but I'm not totally literate either. I've done the pinging thing, and tried so many different sites on how I could possibly fix this, and I'm just growing frustrated. I have no patience, and I feel like throwing my laptop out the window.

Can someone please help me?

(*Also, I dont think it's my net, because I stay signed into my messenger and stuff like that, and when it thunderstorms here, my messenger signs me out every 2 minutes, so that's how I figure my net is going bad lol)

I had this problem last month, and I've started having it since I started connecting to my University's wireless connection. I have no viruses or trojans. I've performed countless checks, as well as clearing out a lot of unnecessary things in my computer. I'm out of ideas on what to do, please. My patience is really on E..

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What Anti-Virus and Firewall programs are you using?

I use Avast Professional and the Windows Firewall. I made sure nothing was blocked too.

It may be that your University is blocking your access to their wireless connection. Seeing how it seemed to have started when you were attempting to use it.

I don't think it's that, because, well here's what I meant by that statement (Maybe I worded it wrongly)

When i started university, I brought my laptop with me, and I connected. When I went back home, nothing would load. Everything would give me problems. If I laid low off of the browsers for about a couple hours, it would all start working again (without the constant refreshing) but then it stopped working after about 20 minutes or so. But basically, it only started happening since when I connected to the Uni's wi-fi.

(I live at home, so I don't have to connect to them. I'm not in a dorm or anything)

I don't think it's that, because, well here's what I meant by that statement (Maybe I worded it wrongly)

When i started university, I brought my laptop with me, and I connected. When I went back home, nothing would load. Everything would give me problems. If I laid low off of the browsers for about a couple hours, it would all start working again (without the constant refreshing) but then it stopped working after about 20 minutes or so. But basically, it only started happening since when I connected to the Uni's wi-fi.

(I live at home, so I don't have to connect to them. I'm not in a dorm or anything)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.