Good morning!

We are currently in the process of moving e-mail providers and moving to an Exchange server housed at our data center. What we were told to do was to create the Exchange account in Outlook so that we would have two profiles - the 'old' profile and the new Exchange profile - and simply drag-and-drop the e-mails, subfolders, calendars, etc. from the old profile to the Exchange profile. This seems to work for the calendar, contacts, and even most subfolders. But when I try to move e-mails from the old Inbox over to the Exchange Inbox, the e-mails stay on the Exchange Inbox for 10-30 seconds and then automatically begin moving back to the old Inbox. I cannot get the e-mails to stay on the Exchange Inbox.

We are all running Windows XP and this issue is occuring on staff that are using Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003. The Exchange server is running Exchange 2003.

The odd thing is that this is only happening to some staff - not all. I'm running Outlook 2007 and didn't have this problem. I also know of other staff that are running Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003 and are not having this problem either. It's just a select number of people and I haven't been able to find a common thread amongst the affected people.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening, and how I can get this resolved?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I found a round-about way of getting this issue fixed, so no need for any replies on this. Thanks to those that have already looked at this post - I appreciate it!

Good morning!

We are currently in the process of moving e-mail providers and moving to an Exchange server housed at our data center. What we were told to do was to create the Exchange account in Outlook so that we would have two profiles - the 'old' profile and the new Exchange profile - and simply drag-and-drop the e-mails, subfolders, calendars, etc. from the old profile to the Exchange profile. This seems to work for the calendar, contacts, and even most subfolders. But when I try to move e-mails from the old Inbox over to the Exchange Inbox, the e-mails stay on the Exchange Inbox for 10-30 seconds and then automatically begin moving back to the old Inbox. I cannot get the e-mails to stay on the Exchange Inbox.

We are all running Windows XP and this issue is occuring on staff that are using Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003. The Exchange server is running Exchange 2003.

The odd thing is that this is only happening to some staff - not all. I'm running Outlook 2007 and didn't have this problem. I also know of other staff that are running Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003 and are not having this problem either. It's just a select number of people and I haven't been able to find a common thread amongst the affected people.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening, and how I can get this resolved?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Would be nice to hear how you worked this out to help those in the same boat...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.