I have a Sony Vaio Laptop that I purchased about 1year ago. It worked great for about 6 months or so. I purchased a new laptop around that time and haven't touched it since. I would like to sell it now and when I went in to test it and make sure everything was working OK, I noticed that the internet would not work...I installed Chrome, FireFox, IE6, IE7, and IE8. None of them worked, I also went as far as formatting the hard-drive, reinstalling Vista, and reinstalling all three of these browsers and it still will not work. I am really at a loss to figure out what is happening here??? The only thing that is consistent is the fact that when I try to open any page I get a message that states (for example...)"The server at www.google.com is not responding". Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try updating the network adapter drivers and the wifi mini card driver.
Check in "Device Manager" and update from there or install if they are missing.

Try updating the network adapter drivers and the wifi mini card driver.
Check in "Device Manager" and update from there or install if they are missing.

Thank you for the feedback! I actually had to reinstall the drivers (all of them) after the reinstall of Vista. I will check that and let you know how it goes though. I also noticed that any media player I have tried to install wouldn't work correctly either...is this related?

Thank You

Hi,
Have you tested you internet connection in any way, (pinging a site)?
What message do you get about your connection in "Internet connections"?
Do you have a third party firewall?
Is is allowing internet access?
Do you have a anti virus program running?
Have you checked for viruses and malware.?
The media player problem could be related if you have a virus but otherwise, probably not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.