Antivirus is V important as a safety guard,unfortunately it has side effects one of them is attacking your active Trusted programs.One might try an exeptional option but even this utility is diabled in some antiviruses ,and if it was enabled the anti virus also attack your beloved program although it was (resting in peace) in the exeptions list!!??.

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

WHAT?
What is all that rubbish about?
Anti- virus programs do not attack other programs unless they are a virus!

WHAT?

I have my own doubts I am afraid that some of the anti virus pruducers are just agents of certain great companies applying
thier policies by creating and planting non existing firuses main purpose attacking & destroying non genuine programs.

The space ship will be back here at 7PM tonight to get you, be ready.
Because if you don't go in the space ship, the men in white coats will be the one to take you away.
Stop wasting space and time with stupid posts.

It has actually been postulated that (some) AV companies create viri in order to sell their product.
It's a crock that the AV programs attack legitimate software though.

I read your answer thank u mr !!! boB please get asside & goodby !!
spare your valuable !! time !! by keeping your nose out of this affair .

I am here seeking advice in order to secure both my machine &
my beloved programs .

You have been given the best answer by the resident virus expert, crunchie. You can be sure that what he has told you is 100% correct and you do not need anyone else to confirm what he has told you.

"No anti-virus program will attack legitimate software"

I read your answer thank u mr !!! boB please get asside & goodby !!
spare your valuable !! time !! by keeping your nose out of this affair .

You started a thread, therefore, you left yourself open for anyone to reply.

I am here seeking advice in order to secure both my machine &
my beloved programs .

I don't see where, in your topic, you were asking for advice.
You made a statement about anti-virus programs and how they attack your active programs :icon_rolleyes:

So, with being said and out of the way, what problems are you having and what are you looking for?

Good reply Adamsappleone........

Yes I agree that Antivirus has that side effects, so be careful guys.

Yes I agree that Antivirus has that side effects, so be careful guys.

Thank you for your input. Could you please supply some evidence for your statement or is it only your belief and you can not substantiate it with any fact? If it is unsubstantiated it is just a superfluous statement.
Any searching I have done on the subject just reinforces my belief that never has an anti-virus program ever been developed to do any harm to any legitimate program.
I am willing to listen to any argument backed up by testable evidence or evidence from a internationally recognized and respected authority.
I will not give any credence you an opinion expressed like yours without any evidence to substantiate it.
Therefore, prove what you say or do not post it.

Thank you

Just another sig spammer.

WHAT?

Actually "Bob", you might want to do your research on AV's and false positives. The sad fact is that certain AV's (namely Norton and AVG in particular) have a rather bad reputation of falsely identifying perfectly safe (even important) files an processes as being "malicious", neither offering any easy method of undoing said file/process removal. As much as I have used Symantec's corporate offering for a number of years, this issues was a regular frustration. When I installed Win7 RC1 (which Symantec's Endpoint was not fully compatible with at the time), I have been making use of Comodo's offering. For the first time, I now have the ability to over-ride/undo any file/process which gets erroneously removed/quarantined, which has made life so much easier. Would suggest having a look at what they have to offer.

It has actually been postulated that (some) AV companies create viri in order to sell their product.
It's a crock that the AV programs attack legitimate software though.

Actually "Bob", you might want to do your research on AV's and false positives. The sad fact is that certain AV's (namely Norton and AVG in particular) have a rather bad reputation of falsely identifying perfectly safe (even important) files an processes as being "malicious", neither offering any easy method of undoing said file/process removal. As much as I have used Symantec's corporate offering for a number of years, this issues was a regular frustration. When I installed Win7 RC1 (which Symantec's Endpoint was not fully compatible with at the time), I have been making use of Comodo's offering. For the first time, I now have the ability to over-ride/undo any file/process which gets erroneously removed/quarantined, which has made life so much easier. Would suggest having a look at what they have to offer.

You two can argue the point......

There may be a false positive here or there, but to say that AV's 'attack' legit software is wrong.

With due respect mr \crunche ::1\ Is it a correct statement if I defined
malware as non orignal software? 2\ What is the creterion that compare between malware & clean software? 3\ Dont you agree with me that one of the main objectives of the malware removal programs is to attack and destroy non genuine programs ?.

With due respect mr \crunche ::1\ Is it a correct statement if I defined
malware as non orignal software?

No. Otherwise every piece of software you installed after installing Windows, would be classified as malware.

2\ What is the creterion that compare between malware & clean software?

Malware is a piece of software that deliberately sets out to either wreck ones pc, or use it for a 3rd parties gain, or for other, underhanded reasons.

3\ Dont you agree with me that one of the main objectives of the malware removal programs is to attack and destroy non genuine programs ?.

Yes. Nothing is yet perfect though.

Thanks a lot, your answers are clear & rich.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.