Hi everyone,

I am trying to create some documents in Microsoft Word, and could use some help. The company I work for wants me to take all of their legal documents and set them up so that when people fill in the blanks, the lines there do not move. So right now, they have all the documents set up with just dashes typed in for the lines where information needs to be entered. What do I need to do in order to set up some sort of "template" document? Does that make sense?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to study up on the use of 'Frames', 'Fields' and 'Tables' in MS Word. A combination of these will be needed for forms you create.

'Fields' in particular are necessary for the purposes you mention.

Thanks! I will check those things out.

Well if U need some paper forms, and U have Office, your problem is solved.....
In start button there should be field with ''Open new office document''. Here you can choose which form you need.....

Just fill in the blanks.....

No need to create them........

You need to study up on the use of 'Frames', 'Fields' and 'Tables' in MS Word. A combination of these will be needed for forms you create.

'Fields' in particular are necessary for the purposes you mention.

Once you've created the fields in the document, make sure you write protect the document before handing it out for use. That way all your fields and text will stay in the same place. The forms toolbar has a padlock icon that does this. The basics of creating the template involve typing the permanant text, then add a field where the blanks need to go, (also in the forms toolbar, the icon like "abc|")

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.