Ok so I originally had Windows 7 and I just installed Windows XP Professional on a partition other than my Windows 7 and I still have my Windows 7 partition with all the files still on it but when I boot up my computer I only get the option to boot into Windows XP. How do I make it so that I can boot back into Windows 7? I want to be able to boot into Windows XP and Windows 7.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There is a simple utility which should help you! It's called "easyBCD"

Download it, install it, configure it, and you are good to go!

Is it possible I could fix my problem with my Windows 7 disc or a Windows 7 System Repair disc? If not than I will download easyBCD

Well all windows 7 repair/install disc will do is startup repair which will let you boot into windows 7 and from that point on you will only have access to windows 7 and not windows xp.

And I dont think there a way to add dual boot entries from windows 7 system repair disc.

I have found easyBCD the easiest for dual booting windows 7/vista and xp.

How do I use easyBCD to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7?

follow their simple guides and you just have to add an entry for windows xp/windows 7 depending on which OS you are using it from

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.