Please help me learn.
I would like to know why is that some software like Nero that could be installed in window XP doesn't workout in Vista. How i can tackle such problem that may arise in future with other software.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Nero is definitely compatible with windows vista, unless you are using like nero 6 or something. As long as you are using latest version of nero there shouldn't be any compatibility issues.

Worst case, try running it in compatibility mode. Right click>properties>compatibility with windows xp sp2.

Enjoy!

For example, the system files have been moved to other place. And if in Nero(older version) it is inside hard coded (written like c:\...), then it would't work. Also the permissions and dlls have changed.
Therefore there is the compatibility mode, that allows it. But sadly the compatibility mode can be a problem with hardware.

Please help me learn.
I would like to know why is that some software like Nero that could be installed in window XP doesn't workout in Vista. How i can tackle such problem that may arise in future with other software.

Thanks lot, hope to get more valuable help from you

Thanks a lot and hoping to get more help in future

Thanks a lot and hoping to get more help in future

and it will be valuable to,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.