Is there a way to uninstall SP3 using knoppix? My brother had some issues with one of his mmo games so he thought he would just update his OS he didn't tell me what he was doing so i couldn't get the fix for sp3 on his PC b4 he did it ( I know i should have done it a while ago but I'm a big procrastinator ) i was going to do what i did with my PC but either it got scratched or something happened with my XP CD it wont enter Recovery Mode on his PC.

I can use my knoppix cd on his so i was wondering if there is a way to delete,remove,rename what ever file it is but I'm not sure what file's or where they are located at. I tried looking though the web but still haven't had any luck.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is there a way to uninstall SP3 using knoppix? My brother had some issues with one of his mmo games so he thought he would just update his OS he didn't tell me what he was doing so i couldn't get the fix for sp3 on his PC b4 he did it ( I know i should have done it a while ago but I'm a big procrastinator ) i was going to do what i did with my PC but either it got scratched or something happened with my XP CD it wont enter Recovery Mode on his PC.

I can use my knoppix cd on his so i was wondering if there is a way to delete,remove,rename what ever file it is but I'm not sure what file's or where they are located at. I tried looking though the web but still haven't had any luck.

no i don't think so, there are lots of thing that can be done like deleting file and saving files to devices ,deleting partitions and such,but you need to access windows to actually uninstall sp3 me thinks

Where is you brother's CD? Try and borrow one that matches your brother's OS.
I am not a procrastinator, well at least I don't think I am, then again I could be. I just don't know, I will have to think about it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.