I have a Studio 1735 Dell Laptop... hard drive failed, had it replaced but they forgot to do something that allows my computer to read anything (memory stick, IPOD, etc) plugged into my USB ports.... under Device manager my Network Controller ion is flagged... have no idea what driver I need to istall to fix tis very annoying problem.... HELP??????
Thx

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have a Studio 1735 Dell Laptop... hard drive failed, had it replaced but they forgot to do something that allows my computer to read anything (memory stick, IPOD, etc) plugged into my USB ports.... under Device manager my Network Controller ion is flagged... have no idea what driver I need to istall to fix tis very annoying problem.... HELP??????
Thx

should be a Dell service tag on hte laptop ,go to dell.com and use the tag # to get drivers for your laptop

You need to get your service tag number and go to the dell site / support it take a bit of browsing but if you enter your serv tag number it will take you toyour exact system setup and download the driver based on what was installed in your system. I just had to do that for my ethernet. My driver was corrupted and I lost internet. I noticed in my device manager the same icon where I should have had my NIC. I will see if I can get you the exact link.

Joe K

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.