I am having a problem opening folders with a double left click. When I do this now it opens my VLC media player and the folder doesn't show. If I right click on the folder, the first 6 items on the drop down menu are:

Add to VLC media player's playlist (in bold)
Open command window here
Search
Play with VLC Media Player
Open
Explore

I have tried going into folder options>>File types and highlighting [NONE] Folder where there are two alternatives 'open' and 'explore'. I tried each one and set them as Default but it didn't change anything.

Any Ideas please?

Thank you

Joe

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have managed to get a fix and my problem is now resolved

Joe

Well done, you could post here what you did to fix your problem so it can help others later with the same problem and then mark this thread as solved.

Well done, you could post here what you did to fix your problem so it can help others later with the same problem and then mark this thread as solved.

Hello Bob

It was sent to me on the TechGuy Forum ref:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=890083&goto=newpost

It was a Vbs script and it was posted by "Elvandil" as "File, Drive, and Folder Open Fix" and I right clicked on this to download. The actual URL is:

www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/xp_folder_open.vbs

Right click on this link, download and open. It fixed the problem immediately with no conflicts with anything on my computer.

You probably already know the site at www.dougknox.com and it has lots of info which seems to be OK.

Kind regards

Joe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.