I DONT honestly think its the cable..When I plug any device into the front of my tower, the ICON does not display in the system tray...I DO hear the bell type sound when the device is plugged in..This same thing has happened with a MP4 and a USB cord into the cell phone...I am totally lost as to how to correct this, or if its not reading this the way it should any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Will the same thing happen when you plug into the USB on the back of the machine?

Will the same thing happen when you plug into the USB on the back of the machine?

yes sir and last evening I put in the verizon disk, un installed the driver and put the driver back in ...SAME ISSUE..Occassionaly the MP4 would do that on the front of the machine., HOWEVER that I did get to display.....The issue with the phone no luck yet.

Hi,
Open the devise manager (To access the “Devise Manager” Go “Start” “Run” type “devmgmt.msc” without the “ “ then press “OK”) and check if there are any yellow or red marks on any of your drivers (Especially the USB drivers). Right click on each of your USB entries and select, "update driver", follow prompts to update. Don't worry if you get a report "Cannot update, Windows cannot find a better version of your driver" just go to the next driver.

Hi,
Open the devise manager (To access the “Devise Manager” Go “Start” “Run” type “devmgmt.msc” without the “ “ then press “OK”) and check if there are any yellow or red marks on any of your drivers (Especially the USB drivers). Right click on each of your USB entries and select, "update driver", follow prompts to update. Don't worry if you get a report "Cannot update, Windows cannot find a better version of your driver" just go to the next driver.

I just did that., NO MARKS., ONE seemed to update, NOW WHAT try the cable???

I just did that., NO MARKS., ONE seemed to update, NOW WHAT try the cable???

NOTHING HAD MARKS. ONE UPDATED, I PLUGGED THE CABLE IN THE FRONT, SAME THING ., THE BELL TYPE SOUND, Try Displaying device under my computer, NOTHING comes up??

I DONT honestly think its the cable..When I plug any device into the front of my tower, the ICON does not display in the system tray...I DO hear the bell type sound when the device is plugged in..This same thing has happened with a MP4 and a USB cord into the cell phone...I am totally lost as to how to correct this, or if its not reading this the way it should any ideas?

These ports appear to work with the PLUGGED type of inserts yet not with CORDED devices and yes I have tried two different cords???

have tried a few devices in my USB ports front in back. a CORDED plug for transfering pictures from the phone to the computer and a mp4 player..

IN BOTH cases I can hear a ding ding sound, HOWEVER, there is no icon for either device in the system tray...I have tried front and back ports and the SAME issue surfaces.

IF I plug a PUSH type device into the port, NON corded type it appears to work....Confusing

If icon is not displaying in your system , then check that usb driver is installed or not in your system,If usb is not installed then first try to install it. I am also using usb cable in my system, and it is working properly, and I can easily transfer data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.