Hello everyone.

I am posting here as my last resort before throwing my laptop out that window I have been wanting to replace.

I can not download ANYTHING. Thus far, I have no problem opening current files, but every time I try to download something I get the error message that FileName is not a valid Win32 application.

Everything I can find on this tells me to download something to check this or that. I can't download anything to check this or that. I can not even download microsoft updates to be precise.

I have tried System Restore, no go. My laptop is only a few months old, used by myself an noone else. I don't know what to do.

I ran my virus scan, no threats. I ran SpyBot, no threats. I ran AdAware, no threats. I was told to defrag, done. I ran the check disk program to search for errors (dont remember its actual name), no problems found. I am at a complete loss right now. I cannot update anything I currently have installed, I cannot even download a picture using Save As.

Any ideas?

(Running Windows Vista, BTW, in case that means anything.)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

use your restore disk for the laptop and put laptop back to factory state

some laptops have a hidden hole in back (or sometimes the side and on one on the front!). remove the battery and then insert a paperclip and operate the microswith in this hole. This also does a factory reset.
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.