I have 19 gigs used on a 20 gig hard drive. I can only find about 11 gigs being used.

Could it be the millenium files from installing xp (choosing to keep them for a system restore back to ME)? If possible, where are they? I want to delete them. I have already cleaned up my hardrive with the utility provided in xp's system tools.

This still doesn't explain why I cannot find over 186 files on my computer totalling only 735megs. Yes I am not searching just in my documents, I am searching on my C drive.

Any help or clarifying questions would be appreceated?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

do you have show hidden file& folders set in mycomputer/tools folder options /view.
then have a look around the drive

do you have show hidden file& folders set in mycomputer/tools folder options /view.
then have a look around the drive

Did it and same results on search. Thanks, but it didn't help. :confused:

Still curious about removing unnecessary ME files from my current XP Pro edition.

Hey...sometimes I just search for *.mp3 *.mpeg *.avi *.mpg *.iso *.zip *.exe and see if there is any stuff I can get rid of...possibly move to CD. 20 gigs is a lot in my opinion and XP chokes big time with less than 15% free space.
-OR-
Just search for *.* (which may take a while) and then sort it by size and see what you get. I usually find all kinds of stuff to free space.

I haven't done the upgrade/restore thing from ME but the XP backup extension is .bkf

I tried searching *.* and im still only seeing 598 files on my computer.

Any other suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.