Hi
I have a pc with windows server 2008 (standard) installed. My broadband provider also provides me with a dedicated ip address. Can anyone help with how I configure the server to enable me to host a website using IIS7. I'll apologise in advance as I am very new to managing my own server but I have plenty of web development (vbscript, asp etc) experience.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi Zaphodb;

Firstly, have you installed any roles on your server? or are we working with a fresh clean install here?

Lewis.

Hi,

apologies for the delay in responding. It is a clean install. I have added some roles and played with the settings but there is no data on server so changing the settings is not a problem.

Take a look at this article on my web site that talks about the best practices for configuring IIS. The document is currently not formatted properly.. if you send me an email from my web site, I'll send you the MS-Word doc. I keep meaning to convert it to a PDF.. :(

Glenn

Hi,

apologies for the delay in responding. It is a clean install. I have added some roles and played with the settings but there is no data on server so changing the settings is not a problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.