greetings,

on my xp / ofc 2007 system, i have copied several documents in to a single doc. on the far right hand side / past the right hand margin, there appears a great deal of white space... to what appears to be a page width of ~10". i have checked / re-checked the page size, orientation, etc, and can't find the hiccup. seems likely to be operator error, but in a 400 page doc (w/images) i'd appreciate any tips you have to offer on finding the error / hiccup.

thx in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi and welcome to Daniweb,
Can you try printing just one page and see if it is just on the display or actually there in the printed page.
Whenever I have a similar formating problem with word, I have found it impossible to repair without starting again. If you open a new document and copy and paste it is normally the same problem as when you started. But as I said, it has only been on the display, not on the printed page.

hi bob,

thx for the quick feedback. prior to reading your post, i contacted a friend who is an expert w/word formatting issues. we used gotomeeting to allow him to view / access my desktop and he immediately saw that i was not displaying the doc in the "final" review mode. we changed the setting and, voila, problem solved.

thx again for your feedback, very much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.