Hi

i'm running windows xp and after a while i keep getting a blue screen.

the latest info i got when rebooting, in the windows has recovered from a serious error was;

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 0000BEF2 BCP3 : 00062F20
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

This is becoming severely disruptive now.

Any help greatly appreciated

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cguan_77

What did you do before this, inserted new memory card? Installed new application? etc.

Initially a few months ago when it started, I installed Bluesoleil which is the the software that came with my bluetooth dongle.

I uninstalled that and it seemed to stop working. Then it started again when I installed an image converting software and I've uninstalled that now but the problem has continued - i've installed nothing else.

The only thing that I can think of is that it has started since the last Windows update

go safe mode and do system restore..just try..

I've tried system restore in normal mode and it won't do it. Will doing it in safe mode change all my settings etc?

I've tried system restore in normal mode and it won't do it. Will doing it in safe mode change all my settings etc?

will not boot up in safe mode - just goes to blue screen again and gives general advice on drivers.

any new hardware recently added? xp repair installation.. will it help?but backup all data first..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.