Hi

i'm running windows xp and after a while i keep getting a blue screen.

the latest info i got when rebooting, in the windows has recovered from a serious error was;

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 0000BEF2 BCP3 : 00062F20
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

This is becoming severely disruptive now.

Any help greatly appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What did you do before this, inserted new memory card? Installed new application? etc.

Initially a few months ago when it started, I installed Bluesoleil which is the the software that came with my bluetooth dongle.

I uninstalled that and it seemed to stop working. Then it started again when I installed an image converting software and I've uninstalled that now but the problem has continued - i've installed nothing else.

The only thing that I can think of is that it has started since the last Windows update

go safe mode and do system restore..just try..

This issue arose with the installation of xp sp3, no official solution from MS, my advice do not use the messenger, apparently is the program and service, disable it to work for a while.
Bed & Breakfast in Istanbul

go safe mode and do system restore..just try..

I've tried system restore in normal mode and it won't do it. Will doing it in safe mode change all my settings etc?

I've tried system restore in normal mode and it won't do it. Will doing it in safe mode change all my settings etc?

will not boot up in safe mode - just goes to blue screen again and gives general advice on drivers.

any new hardware recently added? xp repair installation.. will it help?but backup all data first..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.