Hey guys!

I need some help with this. Normally I've been able to figure out nearly every problem I've had with my comp, but this one just stumps me on how to fix it.

Ever since I got Windows 7 (and I love it) it has this one problem, everything will glitch out for a split second every few min or so. It will freeze for a split second sometimes a few times a min, sometimes only every 10 min. Its 'seems' random, it doesn't increase when I play high end games or if it sits idle. I've had W7 since around when it came out, and though this issue was annoying I had no idea how to fix it, and just hoped an update would. But its been too long and its driving me nuts now.

I dunno its hard to describe, its not a normal lag, because even when something lags and I'm typing, I wait a sec and the letters appear that I typed, but with THIS, if I'm typing it just skips over whatever letters I hit, so its like its hitting a point where no input or anything happens it just stops. Of course if I have music or sound on you still hear it but its glitched out as well.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Windows 7 Fully Updated 32-Bit
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
4gb Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
640 GB HD, not low on space at all.

If you need more info tell me.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Oh and before any1 asks, yes I have many different virus/spyware/malware scanners and such. I also Defrag regularly, and have tried system restore several times. (Although that really doesn't help considering it started when I got windows 7.)

Make sure your CPU is attached and in place correctly, also check your heat-sink fan and make sure it's screwed in properly and make sure your video card is in place and immobile.

If that doesn't correct your problem, than you could try backing up all of your important data and re-installing 7 if it's really that big of a concern for you.

If your problem still persists, than you may have some damaged hardware that you're not aware of.

Hey guys!

I need some help with this. Normally I've been able to figure out nearly every problem I've had with my comp, but this one just stumps me on how to fix it.

Ever since I got Windows 7 (and I love it) it has this one problem, everything will glitch out for a split second every few min or so. It will freeze for a split second sometimes a few times a min, sometimes only every 10 min. Its 'seems' random, it doesn't increase when I play high end games or if it sits idle. I've had W7 since around when it came out, and though this issue was annoying I had no idea how to fix it, and just hoped an update would. But its been too long and its driving me nuts now.

I dunno its hard to describe, its not a normal lag, because even when something lags and I'm typing, I wait a sec and the letters appear that I typed, but with THIS, if I'm typing it just skips over whatever letters I hit, so its like its hitting a point where no input or anything happens it just stops. Of course if I have music or sound on you still hear it but its glitched out as well.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Windows 7 Fully Updated 32-Bit
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
4gb Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
640 GB HD, not low on space at all.

If you need more info tell me.

Nvidia power miser doesn't like Windows 7 and as far as I can tell Nvidia is not going to fix the bug. New video drivers don't help. This worked for me http://nvgpupro.com/ down load this app and disable power miser. Later

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.