I recently bought a play and charge kit for my xbox 360 control pad and was led to believe that now i could use the USB connection to connect the pad and use it to play games on my PC?

however I cant figure out how to do this? im using windows vista and would assume that being "microsoft" the pad would be picked up.. and the drivers installed,but this doesnt seem to be the case?

does anyone know it it is possible to do this??

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I tried it with my windows xp, and i cant get it to work either, and the info that i found on it wasnt much use either. I think that there is an actual difference in how the USB controller, and the play and charge controller interact with your pc, but i could be wrong.

I don't believe that it is possible to connect your plug and charge kit for your XBox 360 to your PC. The difference is in the drivers that are installed on the 360 were created to utilize the kit. There are currently no applications for PCs that allow the crossover from 360 to PC. Although that is a great idea, Microsoft is in the business to make money. If they made everything compatible with everything else, then what would the point be in creating items specifically for one platform?

I don't believe that it is possible to connect your plug and charge kit for your XBox 360 to your PC. The difference is in the drivers that are installed on the 360 were created to utilize the kit. There are currently no applications for PCs that allow the crossover from 360 to PC. Although that is a great idea, Microsoft is in the business to make money. If they made everything compatible with everything else, then what would the point be in creating items specifically for one platform?

Unforunately, it's a harware design issue. According to Microsoft's XBOX blog (upon users questions) they're only using the cable's wiring for charging, and using the wireless channel as before for the communication. This is pretty unfortunate...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.