agent154 19 Junior Poster in Training

Lately i've been noticing that for whatever reason unknown to me, (could be my router, could be interference, could be many things..) my wireless bandwidth between two computers in the house is fairly poor. I can get internet speeds upwards of 10mbit with no problem, but even with my laptop and desktop immediately next to eachother (both are using wireless), I get no better than 3mbits when trying to share files between them. I've tried ruling out the router alltogether by using ad-hoc, but it's still the same. I've also tried using both windows file sharing and a 3rd party FTP server/client. And speeds seem to be getting slower all the time.

Anyhow - I also have wired network cards in either system, so I would like to string a patch cable from either one for the purpose of file sharing. What I would like to know is if anybody knows of a way that I can setup my routing table in either computer (Using windows 7 on both) that would make use of the wired 100mbit connection when it's available. I know it's not necessary for FTP, but I would like to use the Homegroup system for accessing files.

Thanks.